Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Hi, I'm a Penn State fan

Here's a look at the dear old Nittany Lions win/loss record during the last 15 years, broken into 5 year blocks:

1990-1994: 49 wins, 12 losses (.803)
1995-1999: 48 wins, 14 losses (.774)
2000-2004: 26 wins, 33 losses (.440)

Now I know what you are saying, that Joe Paterno has lost it and can't coach anymore. But no, that's not true. He's back and working harder than ever. Just disregard the striking downward trend we've had recently.

I'm optimistic this season! We may have only played in and lost one bowl game this century, but we're going all the way this year. JoePa is going to lead us to a national title before he retires. How do I know this? Because we've got recruits! Not just 1 or 2, but like 4 or 5 really good ones. I don't care if other teams have been stockpiling talent every year for a decade, we've now got some talent of our own.

I don't care if our senior quarterback has a career completion percentage below 50% and has never thrown more TDs than INTs in a season. Those are just numbers and they don't really mean anything. I don't care if we wasted a RS season on our star QB recruit last year by barely playing him. He'll be ready to go by his senior season!

I don't care if we've only finished the season ranked in the top 10 once in the past decade, this is the year! Did I mention that we will beat Michigan for the first time since 1996 this year? I don't care if it's in Ann Arbor where Michigan is almost unbeatable. My 8 year old son doesn't know what it is like to taste victory over Michigan. Then again, he isn't very familiar with the taste of victory anyway.

WE ARE...PENN STATE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home