Finally, it's Game Week!
But that is now officially in the past. Summer is almost gone and college football season is here. It's now t-minus 5 days and counting until the Vanderbilt game. Thank God. And since it's game week, you can catch the best part of MGoBlue.com which is their weekly game notes. Where else can you find the following?
- up to date depth chart (Ruben Riley at RT and Alex Mitchell at RG?)
- the history of Michigan vs Vanderbilt and the rest of the SEC (can you say 21-5-1?)
- best performances in Michigan history in openers (Chris Perry 232 yds rushing, Scott Dreisbach 372 yds passing, Jack Clancy 197 yds receiving, etc)
- how to pronounce Olesnavage (0-less-NAV-ich)
- every Michigan player on a preseason award watch list (Mark Bihl, Alan Branch, Steve Breaston, Tyler Ecker, Leon Hall, David Harris, Mike Hart, Chad Henne, Jake Long, Garrett Rivas, LaMarr Woodley)
- every tidbit you ever wanted to know about Lloyd Carr (best record of any Michigan coach at home - 62-9; one of 11 active NCAA coaches with a national title; first coach in Michigan athletic department history to endow a scholarship, etc)
- the seven former Wolverines in the NFL hall of fame
Since Vanderbilt doesn't really offer much of a football team this year, how about a little rundown on the University and how it stacks up to Michigan?
Location: Nashville vs Ann Arbor
Type of University: Private vs Public
Student body size: 11,000 vs 40,000
US News Ranking: 18th vs 24th
Nickname: Commodores (nickname given to Cornelius Vanderbilt) vs Wolverines (a feisty animal)
Famous Alums: Al Gore and Amy Grant vs Darth Vader and Lucy Liu
Is it even close? Besides, can you really trust any school with this guy as chancellor? He's a former Buckeye for crying out loud.
Labels: Michigan Football