It's Christmas Eve
The two juggernauts rocketing on a collision course all season long are finally about come together in one glorious afternoon of football at the 'Shoe.
Michigan-Ohio State is a big deal every year. It's a big deal if they have a combined record of 15-5. This year it is 22-0 in what is likely the biggest regular season game in the history of college football. Think about it.
- The Biggest Rivalry in all of sports
- The first time two teams from one conference have been 10-0 in over 70 years (and they are both 11-0)
- The first 11-0 v 11-0 conference matchup in the history of college football
- Guaranteed spot in the MNC game for the winner
- Possible MNC spot for the loser (though it should be noted I am not in favor of that)
This game could go any number of ways. Troy Smith could once again dazzle and lead OSU to an easy victory. Michigan's defense could pummel the OSU offense. Mike Hart might go off for 200 yards. Mario Manningham could put on a show like he did against Notre Dame. Tressell might beat Carr again. Carr might win his second national title.
The only thing I know is that the entire world of college football will be tuned in to watch. Should easily be the most watched regular season game in college football history.
Labels: Michigan Football