Expectations for Michigan basketball
Well, here's my thoughts. These predictions all assume near total health of the team. Last year I learned exactly what injuries can do to a squad as Lester Abram, Daniel Horton, Chris Hunter, and Graham Brown combined to miss over 60 games due to injury.
- 10+ wins in Big Ten regular season play
- 21+ wins overall heading into the Big Ten tournament
- an 8 or better seed in the NCAA tournament
- convincing victories over lesser foes at home
- a tough road win or two against a ranked foe
But this year? Darn near everybody is back. Throw in the return of all previously injured players and 3 incoming freshmen and things are looking good. I'm certain this will be the most fun Michigan basketball season in quite some time.