I-O-W-A is going D-O-W-N
Also, some brief thoughts on the relative power ratings of the top 7 teams in the Big Ten:
1) Illinois - they got an easy W in Madison and have been the most consistent Big Ten team this year
2) Michigan State - struggled on the road, but have played very well at home. They've still got the most talent in the conference and I look for them to turn it up a notch down the stretch.
3) Michigan - this may be a touch premature, but the Wolverines are really playing well right now
4) Iowa - I still can't shake them image of them getting hammered in East Lansing. But they are undefeated at home this year
5) Indiana - if DJ White was healthy, they'd be ranked a lot higher. But he's out for the year and so are their hopes of winning the Big Ten.
6) Ohio State - nobody expected them to be this good before Greg Oden showed up. Nice job coaching by Thad Matta.
7) Wisconsin - they've still got the easiest schedule and could make a run at the title on that basis alone. However, academic casualties have robbed their depth and sent them into a tailspin.
Labels: Michigan Basketball