You're With Me, Leather
And now on to more relevant things (though what could be more relevant than Mr. He-Could-Go-All-The-Way going above and beyond Ron Mexico using the best pickup line of all time?)...
- Yes, Michigan's baseball team got mildly screwed over by the selection committee being named a #3 seed. There is some solace, however, that they are going to the exact same Atlanta regional they played in last year where they lost the third game of the opening series in the bottom of the 9th to South Carolina. So they get a chance to exorcise those demons as well as actually win some games. They also manage to get into the bracket with Georgia Tech who is the last #1 seed so they avoid any potential early round matches with powerhouses like Clemson.
- Did I forget to mention the strange coincidence of Michigan's first round baseball opponent being Vanderbilt? Well, guess who the Wolverine football team opens the season with on Sept. 2nd at noon? Those same Commodores.
- I realize it is going to be quite belated, but at some point in the not too distant future, I'm going to take a look at the Green Bay Packers offseason. Let's see, out with Javon Walker and in with AJ Hawk, Ryan Pickett, Charles Woodson, Greg Jennings, Abdul Hodge, Marquand Manuel, etc. Yeah, sounds pretty damn good to me. Playoff chances for next year? I'm guessing 50% off the top of my head, but I'll get a little more in-depth on that too.
-More proof that Ohio State fans are crazy. Yes, I know this has been covered everywhere, but damn it, it still deserves another mention. I think the smart ones just leave the state at an early age.
- The official first day of summer. I guess back in Ann Arbor, that makes some folks happy. Gotta admit, I loved the weather in summer in A2 and being able to grab a parking spot or a table at a restaurant easily, but you can't deny how much slower the pace around town becomes. There's a reason everybody is so full of energy when classes start back up and the first football Saturday rolls around.
- And finally, gotta give a little love to the fans at the Oilers game. Kudos to the idiots in Anaheim that booed the Canadian national anthem and made our entire country look like idiots (as if we needed more help). So although the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs are a complete farce this year, this was still a very cool moment. Let's just hope the crappy Oilers team doesn't actually win the whole thing or the world would actually be upside down...