Friday, October 06, 2006

Tigers and Yankees, Game 3 Tonight

Yep, I'm just a little bit excited for this one. First playoff game in Detroit in 19 years. They just split the first pair in New York and now they get a chance to tee off against the weakest part of the Yankees roster, Randy Johnson and Jaret Wright. It's going to be electric in Comerica tonight. Detroit has always been a baseball town and the city has been starved for a winner. If I'm in charge of the PA system, I'm turning on "Welcome to the Jungle" and cranking up the volume when the teams take the field before the game. It's going to be very loud tonight when we get a pair of geezers on the mound as Randy Johnson squares off against Kenny Rogers. Johnson has a poor career record in the postseason and struggled for most of this year. Kenny Rogers has been even worse in the postseason, but he has pitched very well the last 6 weeks of the season. New York has the better lineup, Detroit the better bullpen.

Look for Detroit to stack the lineup with right handed bats tonight and I wish we had Shelton on the roster to get even one more instead of Sean Casey. I wish I could be there in person, but I'll be there in spirit.




UPDATE: WOO HOO! The Gambler was dominant tonight. He'll probably rate this right up there with his perfect game as the best game of his life. His curveball was just filthy and I've never seen the Yankees swing and miss at so many pitches. Jeremy Bonderman gets the ball tomorrow as the Tigers try to clinch the series.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Kenny Rogers in concert once. I didn't know he liked to play baseball too.

Sat Oct 07, 03:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home