- First and only 3 time NFL MVP. Heck, you did it in 3 consecutive years.
- 50,000 passing yards joining Marino and Elway in the record books and you are about to blow by Elway for #2 on the list
- 379 career TD passes and you'll probably join Marino as the only QB with over 400
- 207 (and counting) consecutive games started at QB. Now that is a hell of an endurance record.
- Leading the Pack back to their first Super Bowl since Lombardi
- Your 13 years in Green Bay = 1 8-8 record, 12 winning seasons: 13 years in Green Bay before your arrival = 7 losing seasons, 4 8-8 seasons, and 2 winning seasons (1 strike shortened)
So as your career rides into the sunset I say so long Brett. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with whatever you decide to do next, which is probably just sitting on a riding mower enjoying the outdoors. Just don't be a stranger in Green Bay.
And from Green Bay's perspective, a crappy year this year is probably in their best interest long term. They'll clear a gigantic amount of salary off the books in the form of Brett Favre and Ahman Green and they'll get some higher draft picks. Although it'd be helpful if Mike Sherman doesn't have a say in who they pick. Plus, I think they'll can Sherman after this year and get some fresh blood.