Big Ten Power Rankings, Week 5
1) Ohio State (3-1, 1-0): they had the week off, but still the best in the conference
2) Wisconsin (5-0, 2-0): I don't think they are top 10 material, but then again neither is anybody else in the conference right now.
3) Michigan (3-2, 1-1): Oh what a difference Mike Hart makes. The kid has played a grand total of 12 full games in his young career (after riding pine the first 2 games in '04 and missing most/all of the ND/EMU/Wis games this year) and now has 4 200+ yard performances. More on him to follow...
4) Penn State (5-0, 2-0): they whupped on Minnesota. Not sure if that means much, though. They still have zero passing game.
5) Iowa (3-2, 1-1): Illinois stinks
6) Michigan State (4-1, 1-1): based on past years, they are about to tank
7) Minnesota (4-1, 1-1): now they get to play in Ann Arbor against a team they haven't beaten in 2 decades.
8) Purdue (2-2, 0-1): apparently all the people picking them for the Rose Bowl sheerly based on their schedule should stop making predictions
9) Indiana (3-1, 0-1): not totally pathetic this year
10) Northwestern (2-2, 0-1): still dangerous enough on offense to put a scare into a few teams
11) Illinois (2-3, 0-2): The Zooker has his work cut out for him with this program
I dare anybody to rank teams 2-8. You could pretty much toss them in a hat.