Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Katrina

My heart goes out to all the people impacted by the horrible devastation in Louisiana and Mississippi. There really isn't much I can say. I can look at the alterations to plans for New Orleans Saints and Tulane football or the destruction of local landmarks or listen to the sadness of individual stories. But really, I don't think I can comprehend the amount of devastation that area has just been hit with. I have always loved visiting New Orleans. Looking at pictures of the damage to the SuperDome and Lake Ponchartrain Causeway and Bourbon Street just reminds me of how much things will change there now. Should the city be rebuilt like it was? Should many people pick up and move elsewhere? I don't really know. I don't think anybody knows.

Whatever. I could ramble on and on about this. But here's a link to the Red Cross website where you can donate to the relief effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home