Thursday, November 17, 2005

South Park on Scientology

A brief respite from the buildup to the Michigan-Ohio State game to comment on last night's episode of South Park. Simply classic as they blasted Scientology, Tom Cruise, and John Travolta and threw in an appearance by R. Kelly.

Takes some balls to openly mock a group of crazies that loves nothing more than to file lawsuits against anybody that speaks truthfully about them. As they animated the Scientology beliefs complete with the alien named Xenu and the trapped souls on earth and the DC-8s flying through space they had the words "This is what Scientologists actually believe" plastered across the screen. Then at the end as Stan outs the group as frauds, they threaten to sue him and he taunts them with "Sue me! Sue me!". During the credits, everyone was listed as John Smith or Jane Smith. Did I forget to mention that they kept asking Tom Cruise and John Travolta to "come out of the closet"? Hilarious stuff.

I can almost guarantee that the show gets sued over this. Hell, I bet they want to. The publicity would be priceless. And then we could get to see even more of those nut jobs looking like fools.

1 Comments:

Blogger robert paulson said...

Hmm, a Buckeye hey? Well, seeing as how it's the eve of the eve of The Game I am feeling kind of generous.

Besides, your blog looks pretty good. Certainly better than anything I've thrown together.

I'll add a link one of these days.

Just don't plan on enjoying yourself too much on Saturday!

Thu Nov 17, 07:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home